Friday, August 30, 2013

Vasta for Bonner

Another task for this week is to find out more about my local member of parliament. Whilst it is safe to say most people my age don’t know whom their local MP is, or what electorate they actually belong to, I can say with pride I do. I live in the electorate of Bonner, and the current MP is Ross Vasta of the LNP. It may be somewhat ironic that I am usually either apathetic or cynical on most issues of today but politics is something that I seem to show some emotion towards. Mr Vasta is actually a Griffith University graduate (same university as myself). However I won’t bore you with the details of my local MP. The goal of my task was actually to find the last speech given by Mr Vasta in parliament. Mr Vasta gave a speech in parliament on the 30th of May 2013 in regards to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). Another part of this week’s task was to contact said MP and give them my thoughts on the speech. Using Facebook I wrote a message to his official Facebook page. The message contained the following. “Mr Vasta, This message may appear dated but it is in regards to the speech you delivered in parliament in May regarding the NDIS. The speech given was executed brilliantly and was also quite informative not to mention influential. Best of luck with the rest of your campaign. Regards, Tom” It may seem like I am a little bias in the message, I cannot deny that. In my opinion Mr Vasta has done great for the Bonner electorate and if re-elected will only continue to do so. Until next time friends. References Rossvasta.com.au. 1999. National Disability Insurance Scheme Speech in Parliament-Video > Ross Vasta MP, Federal Member for Bonner. [online] Available at: http://www.rossvasta.com.au/Media/Speeches/SpeechesinParliament/tabid/64/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/214/National-Disability-Insurance-Scheme-Speech-in-Parliament-Video.aspx [Accessed: 30 Aug 2013].

No comments:

Post a Comment