Saturday, August 31, 2013

And the results are in!



As my regular readers will know, my views on social networking are somewhat cynical. Whilst I have a Facebook account, I use it as a means to contact friends (yes actual friends) and lately I’ve used it to organize study sessions with other students. But I digress from my point. Whilst I use Facebook for these reason I was quite curious to see what other people used social media for. So to do so I created a survey. Below are the recorded results of said survey. The survey was taken by 20 people.

Question One:
What social network websites do you use?
Answers:
Facebook: 100%
MySpace: 0%
Instagram: 30%
Twitter: 25%
Other: 5%

Question Two:
How much time do you spend on social media websites each day?

Answers:
0 – 1 hrs: 50%
2 – 4 hrs: 35%
5+ hrs: 15%

Question Three:
Why do you use social media?

Answers:
To maintain contact with friends: 35%
Because everyone else has does: 10%
To stalk people: 35%  
As a means of communication: 20%

Question Four:
What age where you when you first created a social media profile?

Answers:
10 – 15: 20%
16 – 18: 50%
19 – 15: 25%
25+: 5%

Question Five:
Do you use privacy settings for your social media page?

Answers:
Yes: 80%
No: 20%

Question Six:
Have you deactivated a social media account before?

Answers:
Yes: 60%
No: 30%
Thinking about it: 10%          

No comments:

Post a Comment